Thursday, May 20, 2010

That's What I Love About Wednesdays...

Wednesdays are one of my favorite days of the week. Here's why: (In list form of course)

1. I don't have as many regularly scheduled activities on Wednesdays. Because these days are free-er, I am able to visit and spend time with members of the congregation. This past Wednesday I had afternoon tea with Tammy Drennan, and her three kiddos: Caitlyn, Noah, and Joel, who are all under the age of 5. They are some of the most creative, fun kids I know!
2. I don't have to cook dinner on Wednesdays! Someone always feeds me before church so I don't have to go home. I have a standing dinner invite at the Mowdays, but this week I had dinner with the Grittens.
3. TREK Youth is every Wednesday night at the ministry centre. We start the night off with time to hang out--playing Uno, chatting, ping pong, listening to music. Then, we have a devotional or break into groups for discussion or prayer. Even though I am usually pretty tired by the time 7:30 pm rolls around on Wednesday nights, I am always re-energized in the next hour and half.
4. After TREK Youth, most of us head to Maccas. I always have the girl car, which means we crank songs like "Hey Soul Sister" and anything by Colbie Callet and sing our little hearts out until we make it Maccas.
5. I love McFellowship after church on Wednesday nights because it's such a mix of ages around the long table at the West Gosford Maccas. You see elders mixing with teens, and just taking the time to get to know each other. There is always plenty of fries and ice cream to share, and the best part is FREE REFILLS!!!
6. I am always exhausted on the 20 minute drive home on Wednesday nights. But as my car drives by the moonlight bay, I am reminded of how blessed I am. I am reminded of exactly why I am here, and I am assured that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

Caitlyn, Me, and Noah

Literally the funniest kid I know!

More evidence that he is hilarious!
Yes, those are my glasses and my watch.

2 comments: