My roommate, Alex, and I used to have a certain tradition: Every day after chapel on the way to lunch, we would compile a list of ten blessings or things we were thankful for that were going to happen that day. I have found myself continuing this tradition even after college and moving to Australia. So, here is my list of 10 Things from the last 2 weeks.
1. Superbowl Parties: I am so thankful that American football spans the globe and the Superbowl was broadcast on Monday morning LIVE. We didn't get all the commercials but it was still a great way to spend time with some of my favorite Americans and Aussies.
2. Cool Breezes: the last few days the weather has been amazing and cool. We have had a break from the hot, humid days.
3. Skype and Facebook: I literally thank God for these two things quite often, because they have enabled me to stay in touch with everyone while I am gone.
4. Thelma: Thelma is this great lady, who goes to Gosford. I get the opportunity to visit her every other week or so. I sometimes take some of the TREK jr. girls with me, but no matter who goes we always end up playing Scrabble!
5. Jamie and Sammie: I cannot express how grateful I am to have two other HIM workers living so close. We just enjoy being together, and we are able to lean on each in so many ways.
6. Tutoring: This week, I started volunteering at a primary school on Thursdays for an hour. I get to help in a kindergarten class doing math groups. I have really been missing teaching lately, so I jumped at this opportunity.
7. Sisterhood: Sisterhood is a bible study with a group of young adult women that meets every other Thursday in Sydney. Even though it is quite a drive for just a few hours, I always leave feeling more encouraged and uplifted.
8. My Car: The starter went out in my car the week before last, and didn't have my car for a week! Not having a car was so hard for my independent self, but I survived with the help of so many friends how gave rides and loaned their cars.
9. Wednesday Nights: I love going to TREK Youth on Wednesday nights. I love getting to just hang out with the teens, while at the same time show them more about God. Afterwards, we all head to Maccas for McFellowship.
10. Packages from home: I have been so spoiled lately with amazing packages and presents from home! Never underestimate the power of receiving something from your home country--it's a great feeling! I am so blessed to have such a fabulous support system.Watching the Superbowl.