1. My mom came to visit over her Spring Break, and we had a blast together! Both JGray’s back in the same house! We spent some time sightseeing and being tourists, but also had some time to just relax and hang out. Before I knew it, 1000 km had been driven, 500 topics had been discussed, 5 movies had been watched, 3 books had been read, an immeasurable amount of diet coke had been drunk, and the 12 days were over. Saying goodbye to mom in the airport was brutal (Definitely on the list of Worst Feelings Ever), but I am so unbelievably thankful she was able to come and see my life here in Australia. 2. I spent 2 nights in a (freezing cold) cabin of great girls, laughing so hard my sides hurt.
3. The Gosford Ladies had a retreat called Mirror, Mirror. It was an uplifting, encouraging, and challenging weekend of worship, prayer, discussion, and reflection, with each woman taking part in some aspect of it. Spending time with these spiritually minded ladies helped my faith grow.
4. I missed Aquilles, Mexico so much that I cried.
5. I went to Mother’s Blessing. My friend, Tammy decided not to have a traditional baby shower to welcome her third child into the world. Instead, she opted a gathering of women who were special to her to bless her through quotes, scriptures, and stories. We each brought a bead to contribute to the necklace she wore during labor. I felt honored to have been included in such a special occasion. PS: Joel Phillip made his grand entrance the first day of April.
6. I got a letter from an 8 year old from home saying she is praying for me!
7. I was blessed with a trip to Melbourne and Tasmania with my great friend Amber. We visited her family in Melbourne, then headed to Tassie with her parents for Camp Barnabas over Easter weekend. We then stayed in Hobart for 5 days after camp, catching up with friends. It was a fabulous holiday. (Look for pics on facebook.)
8. I saw dolphins swimming in the ocean.
9. I was once again reminded at how thankful I am God designed the church. He knew that we would need a family of believers to share our struggles and joys. It doesn’t matter if you have known them for 10 years or 10 days or 10 minutes, we automatically have a deep bond. What a blessing!
10. I found a Dublin Dr. Pepper at an American food store in Tassie. YAY!
11. I became obsessed with the TV show Friday Night Lights. Luckily, I am not alone in my obsession. I go over to Dan and Mel’s house one night a week to eat dinner and watch as many episodes as we can cram in.
12. I stood at the top of Mt. Wellington overlooking Hobart, Tasmania and realized how great God is.
13. I sent out my monthly newsletter, and was blessed with so many responses and encouraging emails that I haven’t been able to answer all of them yet!
14. I stayed in a gorgeous cottage built in the 1850’s in Hobart with the gracious and hilarious Drew family.
15. I met an amazingly brave 14 year old girl who is battling leukemia, and is holding on like a champ.
16. I hid (with some help of course) 80 plastic and chocolate eggs for the primary school kids to hunt in a local park.
17. Amber and I taught a great group of teen girls at Camp Barnabas. They were so open to discussion and asked some tough questions. I am so proud of all of them!
18. I realized how richly blessed I am to have a Heavenly Father who knows and supplies my every single need.I know there are at least 58 other things that I could tell you about the last month, but that’s just a random sample. I promise I’ll work on being a better blogger!