Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Southern Voice

This is who I hung out with last night...

Tim McGraw and the Dance Hall Doctors!

Tim McGraw brought his Southern Voice Tour to Australia this week. Luckily, I have friends who know my love for country music and keep an eye on the local music scene for me (Thanks heaps, Dan and Mel!), which is how we found out last May that Tim was coming to Sydney in September. Who would really pass up seeing TM in Australia?!?! Not me, so my parents graciously got me a ticket for my birthday!
The concert day finally arrived: I put on my cowboy boots, and Dan, Mel, Joy, and I headed South, TM blaring on the ipod. The concert was AWESOME, probably my favorite concert I've been too. Before the show started, Joy and I were practically bouncing in out of our seats, buzzing with energy.We could barely contain our excitement as we impatiently willed the opening acts to hurry up and finish! TM came on at 9 pm and played until almost 11, and sang almost the whole 2 hours... and so did we! Not a big talker, that Tim McGraw, but I didn't mind one bit. He sang my favorite oldies like "Indian Outlaw" and "Just to See You Smile," as well as his more recent hits and a song off his new album. Just when I thought the show couldn't get any better, he started singing "I Need You," and everyone started screaming. We all knew Faith was going to have to come out and sing her part of the duet! Out she came, and brought the house down. Our seats were in the front row nose bleed section, which turned out to be the best seat in the house. We could see Tim perfectly, and hear even better. One of my favorite parts was hearing everyone else in the audience singing along to his songs, too. Sadly after an encore, TM went off stage, the house lights when on, and the concert ended. We joined the masses leaving and finally made it back to the Central Coast at 12:30 am. We fell into bed, happy and still humming "Don't Take the Girl" as we drifted off to sleep.
Tim and Faith, singing their hearts out for us.

Great view from the cheap(ish) seats.
Joy and I were definitely the most excited out of our group, but maybe out of everyone in our section! We both had a sore voice from screaming and singing at the top of our lungs.
The rest of the TM posse: Mel, Dan, and Joy.
All of the Mowday kids went together to get Joy a ticket for Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to see him!! He is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't Take the Girl" happens to be the song that introduced me to country music... I remember learning every word with my cousin so we could sing and perform for my parents later that night! SO awesome you got to see him in concert... and Faith, too!!

    ReplyDelete